Golf shoes have evolved in terms of style. Gone are the days of the big, clunky metal spikes that couldn’t even be worn inside. In today’s world, lots of golf shoes are just as stylish as regular tennis shoes.
Choosing the right golf shoe can be a difficult task. Check out our guide on how to wear golf footwear in casual settings.
Table of Contents
- What to Look for When Buying a Golf Shoe that Can Be Worn Casually
- 1. Spikeless Shoes
- 2. Obviously, Make Sure They’re Comfortable
- 3. Choose the Right Colors
- 4. Select the Right Style
- Clothes that pair well with golf shoes
- Khaki Shorts
- Dress Pants
- Our Top 3 Picks for Golf Shoes that Can Be Worn Casually
- 1. FootJoy Men’s Contour Casual Golf Shoe (Best Overall)
- 2. Adidas Men’s Tech Response Spikeless Golf Shoes (Best Value)
- 3. PUMA Men’s Ignite Fasten8 Golf Shoe (Most Comfortable)
What to Look for When Buying a Golf Shoe that Can Be Worn Casually
Finding the right pair of golf shoes for casual wear doesn’t have to be all that difficult. When searching for the right pair, look for those that meet the criteria below.
1. Spikeless Shoes
When searching for golf shoes to wear on and off the golf course, this is the most important attribute to look for. Consider it. Most proper establishments wouldn’t take too kindly to you walking in with spikes on that could damage their floors.
Even if you have golf shoes with plastic or rubber spikes, they aren’t considered fashionable enough for any event. Even in casual settings spiked golf boots look strange. They can also be quite noisy!
Every golf shoe maker offers a variety of spikeless footwear. Most golfers find spikeless golf shoes to be more comfortable, and less hard on their foot.
2. Obviously, Make Sure They’re Comfortable
Comfort is key when looking for the perfect pair of golf shoes! This is true, especially if you are looking for a shoe to wear to social events following your golf round. If the golf shoes you choose cause you any discomfort, you’re not going to want to wear them off the course.
You can ensure that your shoes are comfortable by trying them on prior to purchasing them. While this isn’t always possible in today’s world of online ordering, it’s still not a bad plan. When trying on golf footwear, choose lightweight shoes with extra cushioning. The right pair of golf shoes will feel like regular sneakers.
3. Choose the Right Colors
Here’s another critical feature to consider when looking for versatile golf shoes. Finding the right color pattern is important, even though some people overlook it. A golf shoe can be spikeless and comfortable, but it won’t work well in social settings if the colors are all wrong.
While it may be fun to wear some of Rickie Fowler’s uniquely colored golf shoes on the course, most of them probably wouldn’t look so good at family barbecues. It’s best to stick with neutral colors such as black, white or grey. These colors tend to go with many different outfit combinations.
4. Select the Right Style
This feature depends on your personal preferences and the social setting that you attend. Footjoy’s old-school shoes are my favorite. The classic style gives me a nostalgic feeling when I wear these shoes.
However, that type of bulky, dressy look wouldn’t go well at laidback get-togethers. For casual settings, you’re better off finding a golf shoe that looks more like a regular running shoe.
If you’re looking for golf shoes to wear at work, consider the business casual or church setting. When buying golf shoes for everyday use, think about the events you’ll attend.
Clothes that pair well with Golf Shoes
While some golf shoes are highly versatile, you can’t assume they’ll go well with just any old outfit. In this section, we’ll go over what clothes pair well with golf shoes. This will hopefully give you more ideas for your next look!
Since jeans go well with just about any type of footwear, they’ll usually make a great choice with golf shoes. The majority of jeans are comfortable and wearing lightweight, stylish shoes will add to that comfort.
Golf shoes can also be worn with khakis or other types of dress shorts. Just make certain that the colors match. Wear shorter socks with your shorts. It’s a much more fashionable look.
Some dress pants will work well with golf shoes. The only rule is that the colors and style must match. For example, you wouldn’t want to wear black dress pants with solid white golf shoes!
Our Top 3 Picks for Golf Shoes that Can Be Worn Casually
You still need help selecting the perfect golf shoes which can be worn as casual shoes too? This section is just for you! Our staff has reviewed hundreds of pairs to bring you the 3 best golf shoes in informal settings. Enjoy!
1. FootJoy Men’s Contour Casual Golf Shoe (Best Overall)
FootJoy Casual Golf Shoe Contour
Soft, supple, full grain leather provides outstanding comfort, breathability and durability. Duramax rubber traction components offer a high-end look and feel, while maximising traction with every step.
Check Amazon Price
- It has a stylish look that is suitable for use off the golf course
- The upper is made from 100% leather and is stylish.
- It comes with 2-years of waterproof warranty
- DuraMax Outsoles provide plenty of traction, grip and durability
- Built for any weather
- The price of the product is a little high
- Black is not available
If you’ve read any other of our golf shoe articles, you know we’re big fans of Footjoy. These people have been making incredibly comfortable golf shoes since the year 1857. The Men’s Contour is a great choice for folks that want a golf shoe with lots of durability and flexibility. It is also suitable for most social situations.
2. Adidas Men’s Tech Response Spikeless Golf Shoes (Best Value)
- Available in black, white and grey
- These meshes have many tiny holes for increased breathability
- The swing is stable even on rough terrains
- The rubber soles won’t damage wooden floors or other hard surfaces
- The midsole is made of EVA for extra comfort
- Not made in USA
- Some golfers have a narrow toe box.
Adidas has been a leading manufacturer of athletic shoes for decades. The Men’s Tech Response is an incredible choice that looks great on and off the golf course. These shoes are so light you’ll forget you’re wearing golf shoes.
3. PUMA Men’s Ignite Fasten8 Golf Shoe (Most Comfortable)
PUMA Mens Ignite Fasten8 Golf Shoe
The revolutionary proprietary midsole foam offers energy return, responsiveness, stable cushioning and superior step-in comfort.
Check Amazon Price
- A reputable brand at a reasonable price
- Made with Ignite Foam for comfort that’s second to none
- It provides a great grip on the golf course without spikes
- Fasten8 system added for extra foot support
- The country club and golf course can be stylish
- Several of the colors patterns are currently unavailable
We mentioned Rickie Fowler earlier in this article, so it’s only fitting for his brand of golf shoes to make our list. The Ignite Fasten8 is a golf shoe with many features. It comes in primary colours that are great for off-the course use. This golf shoe also provides extra ankle support.