I learned my lesson years ago about how dangerous the sun can make the golf course.
I had a nice golf vacation planned where I’d booked several rounds for the week. My only problem was that I forgot to bring sunscreen or a cap for my first round. This caused severe sunburns that ended my entire trip.
Don’t be like me and let the harsh sun rays ruin your next golf vacation. Always wear sunscreen and a golf cap! If you aren’t sure which golf hat to buy, we’ve researched and compiled the following list of the 11 best golf hats to help you.
Table of Contents
- This is how we came up with this list
- Top 11 Golf Hats to Protect Your Sun
This is how we came up with this list
We considered many factors when deciding on the best golf sun protection hats. First, each golf sun hat on our list had to provide UV protection against the sun’s rays. Regardless of style, if a cap didn’t provide enough coverage against the sun, we removed it from consideration.
Next was comfort. Golfers are like all other humans. We know that if clothing is too uncomfortable, chances of them wearing it are slim to none for their next round. Therefore, each of the golf caps on our list had to be lightweight.
We concluded that the best golf caps should have good airflow, and the ability to wick sweat away. There’s nothing worse than wearing a hat for 4 hours on the golf course that weighs your head down. Each hat in this list has both those essential capabilities.
Top 11 Golf Hats to Protect Your Sun
1. PGA Tour Men’s Standard UPF 50 Solar Hat (Best Overall)
A moisture-wicking band prevents sweat from building up and a 360-degree brim protects your eyes against the sun. Lightweight UPF50 ripstop fabric. Engineered mesh for airflow
- It was designed by the PGA Tour, giving it instant credibility
- You will feel dry and comfortable with the moisture-wicking sweatband in the interior
- Made of 100% Polyester, which is known to provide maximum breathability.
- The cord can be adjusted to close the bag, which is handy for windy days.
- This is one of the most popular wide-brim golf hats and provides 360-degree sun protection
- Engineered with a specialty fabric that’s lightweight and has a UPF rating of 50
- The mesh vents allow for more airflow on your golf course
- Available in 7 colors
- It can be washed in a standard washing machine.
- It comes in only one size, which has caused some problems with some golfers
- Some golf hats arrive bent due to shipping issues.
You want a great-looking, UV-protective golf sun hat made by the PGA Tour. This is your best choice. This hat is the perfect choice for golfers who want to play in the scorching summer sun.
2. EINSKEY Reversible Bucket Hat for Men/Women (Best Value)
EINSKEY Unisex Reversible Bucket Cap
Reversible design that has camouflage on one side and plain colors on the other.
- It is made with a stretch material that can be folded up for easy packing
- It is made with the perfect blend between cotton and polyester
- A great choice for both men & women golfers
- One of the most affordable bucket golf caps on the market
- Fits comfortably on your head, and the brim won’t obscure your vision like some other golf hats
- It’s reversible so you’ll get 2 different styles to choose from in 1 hat
- This is a great place to play golf or for outdoor activities like hunting, fishing, and hiking.
- Some people with larger heads have experienced sizing problems with this hat.
- Some golfers may not get enough sun protection
Golfers are more concerned about their finances than ever, with inflation at an all-time high. So we wanted to provide cost-effective options for folks needing sun protection at a price that wouldn’t break the bank. The Einskey reversible bucket hat is stylish and affordable and provides ample shade against harmful rays.
3. Titleist Men’s Tour Performance Golf Hat (Best Baseball Cap Style)
Titleist Standard Tour Performance Golf Hat
Material with UV treatment for sun protection of 50+ UPF. Snap closure
- Made of 97% polyester and 3% spandex so it’ll stretch for a more secure fit
- The snapping device at the back of your hat allows for easy adjustment
- The bill is well-crafted, but not too thin.
- Excellent UV protection against the sun’s harmful rays
- Available in 7 different colors, any one of them would look great on the course
- Titleist is a top-rated brand in the golf industry
- Both the front and back of the hat have a nice logo
- Can only be washed by hands
- Some color options are $8 more expensive than the cheapest (green).
This is the best option for golfers who prefer regular baseball caps to bucket hats and wide-brimmed hats. It provides 50+ UPF protection for maximum sun protection. There’s a reason why so many PGA Tour pros like Justin Thomas wear Titleist golf hats.
4. Callaway Golf Bucket Hat (Best Bucket Hat)
This fabric is 50+ UV protected, laser perforated venting, as well as a cooling sweatband.
- You’re getting an established brand at an incredibly low price
- Made with 97% polyester, 3% spandex and for maximum comfort
- The sweatband has a cooling feature that keeps sweat out of your eyes even on the hottest summer days
- Air vents are located in the center of the hat to improve airflow and breathability.
- Designed with a unique fabric that provides 50+ UV protection against the sun’s rays
- Fashionable enough to wear on and off the course
- The brim is 2.5” and provides lots of coverage
- Can be folded up and put in your golf bag
- Some golfers wish that the brim was a bit wider
- This product has been subject to shipping delays
Callaway is a well-respected brand in the golf world. This bucket hat may officially be last year’s version, but we still feel it’s one of the top choices on the market for excellent sun protection. This bucket hat comes in two sizes: Small, Medium, Large, and Extra Large.
5. Coolibar UPF 50+ Men’s Leo Shapeable Wide Brim Hat (Best Wide Brim Golf Hat)
Coolibar Leo Shapeable Wide Brim Hat
UPF 50+ blocks 98% UVA/UVB radiation. Lite fabric is ultra soft with a cotton-like feel and lightweight, breathable, and quick-drying performance. An adjustable chin cord keeps the hat in place. An elastic drawcord with a toggle at the back of the crown allows for a custom fit.
- Blocks 98% UV and UVB rays
- This is the perfect choice for your next round or any outdoor activity you enjoy.
- Made of 100% polyester so it won’t weigh you down
- Available in three sizes to ensure a perfect fit.
- For windy days, the chin straps can be adjusted to make it snugger.
- Fabric is both lightweight but also moisture-wicking
- Pairs well with any type of golf outfit
- Has a moisture–wicking sweatband inside of it to keep your face dry
- Hand washing is required
- Isn’t waterproof or even water resistant so keep that in mind if rain’s in the forecast
- Some golfers may feel the brim is too broad.
This is our favorite wide-brim hat out of all the available. Coolibar isn’t a well-known brand in golf like Titleist or Callaway, but they know how to make high-quality hats that provide sun protection. This snazzy-looking cap is available in four different colors and would make a great gift.
6. Nike Golf Dri Fit Swoosh Front Cap (Best for Cooling Off).
Nike Golf DriFIT Swoosh Perforated Cap
Dri-FIT moisture management technology, perforated panels at the mid and back, and maximum breathability are key to ensuring maximum airflow.
- You can wear it to a casual event such as a golf tournament or other casual events.
- The 100% Dri-Fit polyester material won’t weigh your head down
- It looks great on both women and men golfers
- Wearn by PGA Tour legends Rory McIlroy, Tiger Woods, and Tony Finau
- Dri-FIT moisture management technology with perforated back and mid panels ensure maximum breathability
- Can’t be cleaned in a regular washing machine
- Only available in 3 colors
Want a golf hat that’s specifically designed to keep you cooler on the golf course? Nike created this hat with a cooling technology fabric that can keep you up to 30% cooler than your body temperature. This makes it a great choice for long summer rounds.
7. Titleist Golf Tour Aussie Hat Legacy Collection (Most Unique)
Stretch material with adjustable closure for comfort. Inside pocket with storage. UV treated for sun protection with 40+ UPF.
- Made by one the most respected brands in golf.
- Made from a specific type of stretch material to ensure a perfect fit.
- The chin strap can be removed at your discretion.
- Provides 40+ UPF sun protection
- Available in 7 different color schemes
- The Aussie style prevents sunburns on the forehead and face.
- It has neat-looking Titleist/Footjoy logos
- Even for a trusted brand like Titleist, the price is quite high.
- Some people have experienced shipping problems where their hats arrived bent upon arrival.
Titleist offers much more than just top-of-the-line golf balls. Although the company is best known for producing high-quality golf balls such as the Pro V1, they also offer certain types of golf apparel. The Titleist Aussie Hat has a new look and provides golfers with sun protection.
8. Henschel Hats Aussie Breezer Cotton Mesh Hat (Most Breathable)
- For maximum breathability, made of 45% cotton mesh with 55% polyester
- The 3” brim provides tons of sun protection
- Available in 5 elegant color options that most people will love
- UPF 50+ rating
- Golfers will feel more secure when the wind blows. The chin cord provides a snug fit.
- Henschel has been making caps since 1947, adding to their credibility
- This is a great place to go golfing or for other outdoor activities like hiking, camping or walking on the beach.
- Only dry-clean only
- Can’t be packed in a suitcase because it’ll warp the shape
- Some people have experienced problems with certain color discoloring over time.
This could be the right hat for you if you play a lot in hot climates. We love that this hat is made up of mostly mesh, which means it’s more breathable than any other golf hat. Henschel Hats offers the Aussie Breezer in 7 different sizes, so folks shouldn’t have any fitting issues.
9. Dukars Unisex Wide Brim Sun Hat
Duakrs Unisex Wide Brim Sun Hat,
UPF 50+ Large brim blocks 98% of the harmful UVA and UVB radiations. This hat is lightweight and easy to pack, making it the perfect hat for any golf trip.
- The brim width of 3.2” is wide enough for a good amount of coverage but won’t obstruct the golf swing
- UPF rating of 50+
- The sweatband is built-in to prevent sweat from getting into your eyes.
- Dukars offers this hat in 11 different colors
- The hat is waterproof, so it’s a good choice if rain’s in the forecast
- It blocks 98% of UVA & UVB rays from sunlight
- Can be folded up for easy packing
- The mesh panels encourage even more airflow
- The adjustable chin strap will help you keep your hat on windy days at the golf course.
- It can be washed in any standard washing machine
- The sweatband is made of cotton, which is comfortable but won’t dry quickly
- Some people think the brim is too big.
This hot deal is for golfers who love wide-brimmed hats. These hats are on sale for 45% off for a limited period! This hat was designed by Dukars for maximum comfort and sun protection. It is an ideal choice for avid golfers.
10. adidas Men’s Victory 4 Bucket Hat
Drawstring closure. Perforated for maximum ventilation. For dry and cool comfort, the sweatband is moisture-wicking.
- Excellent protection against the sun’s rays
- Boonie’s bucket silhouette shape is fashionable enough to be worn on many occasions
- The 100% polyester fabric is lightweight and more comfortable than any other material.
- The top of this hat is perforated to allow for better ventilation.
- Built with a sweat-wicking band inside to keep your skin dry
- Perfect for golfers who aren’t a fan of wide brims but still need sun protection
- You can easily adjust the drawstring cord to get a better fit
- Adidas is a well-known brand at an affordable price point
- The hat may repel some water, but it’s far from waterproof
- Some people feel that this bucket hat is too tight.
adidas is a well-known brand in the sports apparel market. It’s no surprise that they make the best golf bucket caps on the market. The 7 different styles and drawstring chin straps will be a hit with golfers. This hat is also UVA protected, with a UPF rating of 50.
11. Geyoga Unisex Sun Protection Visors (3-Pack)
Geyoga Unisex Sun Protection Visors (3-Pack)
To increase sun protection, the athletic visor caps have retractable designs. The sun sports visor caps have a soft, absorbent sweatband that will keep your head cool and dry after you exercise.
- The multi-packs visors look great on either a man or a woman.
- For men and women with long hair
- Made of 100% polyester, known for its lightweight and comfort.
- It comes with a sweatband on the inner that is extremely absorbent
- The large bill shields your face from the sun’s deadly rays
- Additional coverage without looking strange
- 3 visors at a very reasonable price
- The adjustable straps on your back can help to find the perfect fit
- This is not a good choice if you are bald because it lacks coverage
This 3-piece multi-pack is for golfers who prefer visors to standard golf hats. Visors can help keep the sun out of your eyes, but they also can keep you much cooler since they don’t cover your entire head. Both male and female golfers will appreciate the variety of color options available, including black, pink, and light blue.