Everyone knows how a trusty 3 wooden generally is a recreation changer. Off the tee on tight holes, or simply dropping a bomb from the green going after a Par 5 in two. A superb 3 wooden may be magical in a superb gamers palms.
The most effective fairway woods for good gamers may be arduous to seek out. When a golfer finds one which fits his recreation, he’s unlikely to let go earlier than time and developments in expertise make it needed.
Nonetheless, time marches on and golf producers maintain making higher and higher fairway woods. The finest new fairway woods 2020 has to supply present a big selection of choices, each in operate and type.
On this article, we’re taking a deep dive into the perfect participant’s fairway woods, looking out to uncover the perfect 3 wooden available on the market in your ability set and desire in addition to the perfect 3 wooden off the tee and off the green.
Our Picks for High Fairway Woods for Higher Gamers
- TaylorMade Stealth – Finest Fairway Wooden for Mid Handicaps
- Titleist TSi 3 FW Wooden – Additionally Very Good 3 Wooden for Higher Gamers
- Mizuno STX 220 Fairway Wooden – Most Customizable Fairway Wooden for Higher Golfers
- Ping G425 Max Fairway Wooden– Best Fairway Wooden to Hit for Mid Handicappers
Not an ideal participant however ended up right here in some way? As an alternative of losing your time right here, you need to head straight to our information to the perfect fairway woods for freshmen. You must also check out our article on blistering your 3 wooden.
What ought to a median to good golfer search for when choosing a fairway wooden?
To not be a sensible aleck, however it depends upon what’s necessary to you. There are numerous many choices, however a flexible 3-wood ought to all the time be the aim.
And by versatile we imply one which performs nicely from the tee and off the green – and never simply off excellent lies within the fairway but in addition when the turf is skinny. Forgiveness needs to be pretty necessary to all of us.
No, we imply on photographs struck off-center on the clubface. However then once more, workability is likely to be your factor as you not solely name your photographs however sometimes even execute the low, rising draw that land softly on the inexperienced.
All people loves the lengthy ball. Particularly, nicely, you recognize, by no means thoughts.
What ought to a participant search for who intends to make use of a fairway wooden as a driver substitute?
Distance, child. Decrease spin charges, larger launch – to maximise distance and possibly a 3-wood decrease on the loft scale. Most 3-woods on the present market may be adjusted, some may be dialed all the way down to 13 levels, which is basically solely 2.5 levels weaker than lots of the hottest drivers on the market.
For those who’re not eager on staring down at a 460 cc driver clubhead that’s roughly the identical measurement as half a small cantaloupe, then by all means discover a ‘scorching’ 3-wood. They’re on the market.
What if my typical 3-wood shot is a waist-high knuckleball?
Then spin is your good friend. And loft.
Toting a 3-wood is only a suggestion anyway. Maybe you might ditch the normal arrange, use an 11 or 12 diploma driver after which make your 16-19 diploma fairway wooden your major distance membership as soon as you allow the tee field.
Simply as you possibly can cut back the lofts, you too can crank these infants up. Producers are making use of the low heart of gravity, skinny springlike face, excessive second of inertia expertise they’ve been making use of to drivers for the final 5 years to their most up-to-date fairway woods.
What if I choose to pound my Driver off the tee, however I want some assist from the green?
You too are in search of loft which equals launch and will most likely survive with a mid-spinning mixture of shaft and clubhead. Don’t get wrapped up during which 3-wood you possibly can hit the farthest along with your most swing and excellent strike.
Moderately, deal with a membership which matches your clubhead velocity and means that you can produce a constant ball trajectory and curve. As one other bonus, increasingly more producers are designing flatter soles on their fairway woods which make it simpler to raise your golf ball.
Some, such because the Cobra mannequin, have fancy little rails, creating the “Baffler” look that Cobra has been enjoying round with and bettering for the higher a part of 30 years.
What number of woods ought to I carry?
That’s an ideal query. Multiple, lower than 14?
Simply kidding, three is the best reply for many good golfers. After all you want a driver, and a powerful fairway wooden – most likely one thing within the 13 to 16 diploma vary. After which, you’ve gotten two choices – hybrid or fairway wood- and that membership must be within the 19-to-21 diploma vary, relying in your trajectory (high-to-low) and your desire.
For instance, in case you choose the look of a protracted iron, you then’re probably finest suited to a hybrid. In case your swing is extra of a sweeping movement and also you like to crank your 3-wood, then why not toss a 5(ish) wooden in your satchel.
With all that being mentioned, listed here are our favorites for this 12 months:
Overview of the Finest Fairway Woods for Higher Gamers
TaylorMade Stealth Fairway Wooden
In 2022, TaylorMade modified up their product line drastically with the brand new Stealth driver and fairway woods. These ditch the usual titanium head design for a extra light-weight materials in carbon. As they mentioned, “Welcome to the age of Carbonwood.”
For those who performed the earlier TaylorMade SIM or SIM2, these golf equipment are going to appear and feel fairly completely different. Other than the carbon, these fairway woods look utterly completely different.
No extra blue and white design, as a substitute, going for the Tiger purple membership face and all black design. They remind me numerous the Titleist TSi collection when it comes to look and have very clear strains from any angle.
TaylorMade provides two variations, the Stealth and Stealth Plus.
The Plus mannequin is designed for decrease handicap gamers and golfers who’ve sooner swing speeds as that mannequin is optimized to cut back spin. However each fashions have a number of issues in widespread together with:
- Straightforward alignment with laser etched sample on the highest of the face.
- Twist face expertise to assist straighten out mishits and improve distance.
- Reengineered V-Metal design to extend forgiveness and optimize launch angles.
The unique Stealth mannequin has a 190cc and a 3D carbon crown. It’s way more forgiving than the Stealth Plus and supreme for mid-handicap gamers. Select from a number of loft choices together with 15, 16.5, 18, 21, and 24 (left and fashions not accessible in all lofts).
Whereas there are a number of lofts, TaylorMade solely has one inventory shaft. When you can improve for an additional value, I used to be stunned they solely supply one in each of their new fairway woods.
The inventory shaft is the Fujikura Ventus Crimson 5 – a mid-high launch, with a mid-spin profile. The R and A flex are a lot lighter (53 grams), whereas the S & X-flex are heavier at 63 grams.
- A bigger clubhead than Stealth HD makes it way more forgiving.
- Mid-high launch is good for the typical golfer – particularly when hitting off the deck.
- No robust 3 wooden loft possibility or draw biased possibility.
- Just one inventory shaft possibility. Whereas it is available in two weights, they want a couple of inventory possibility, particularly since there are solely two fashions.
General, they’re nice fairway woods that may praise your new TaylorMade driver completely. However I want that they had extra loft and shaft choices to assist higher match the green wooden to a person swing profile. In any other case, you might need discovered your new trusty 3-wood when the driving force is performing up.
>> Decide your TaylorMade Stealth 3 Wooden right here or right here.
For those who’re a low handicap golfer, the TSi3 steel woods from Titleist is likely to be your best choice. They’re a low profile fairway wooden designed to assist maintain spin and launch low.
Because you most likely can create loads of velocity by yourself, the very last thing you need is a golf ball that balloons up within the air. The TSi3 gained’t try this primarily based on it’s design and shaft choices. For those who play the TSi3 or TSi4 driver, that is the green wooden that you need to select.
As Titleist mentioned, “Gamers who create extra constant contact and require extra exact management over CG placement. With a brand new Adjustable CG Observe Design for superior speed-tuned efficiency.” Right here’s why it’s supreme for expert golfers …
- Optimized weight distribution for decrease spin and most stability.
- Lively recoil (ARC 4.0) expertise to create sooner velocity, even on mishits.
- Unbelievable efficiency because of SureFit Observe Expertise. Expert gamers prefer to tweak and tinker to seek out the perfect match for his or her ball flight. In contrast to lots of rivals, there’s an adjustable hosel and CG Observe expertise that makes it simple to regulate in your particular swing and desired ball flight. No settling right here.
You’ll be able to select from 13.5 – 18 levels of loft. Plus, they’ve a large number of inventory and upgraded shaft choices.
In contrast to lots of their rivals, they provide 4 inventory shafts (whereas TaylorMade solely provides one). Plus, there are three upgraded choices too.
- Kuro Kage Black DC: The lightest inventory shaft and stunned it’s even provided for the TSi3 mannequin. Its light-weight design isn’t supreme for quick swing speeds so I’d skip this for many gamers.
- Tensei AV Blue Uncooked: In order for you a barely heavier shaft than the Kuro Kage, this can be a good selection and accessible in two weight choices and R-X flex.
- HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX: The third possibility is the HZRDUS Smoke black shaft. It is a nice possibility and was inventory with Callaway woods for years. I’ve performed this one fairly a bit myself as a low handicapper and love the steadiness plus low flight design. Out there in 58-69 grams in R-X flex.
- Tensei AV White: The ultimate inventory shaft is the bottom launching and lowest spinning possibility. It’s supreme for guys with quick swings who wish to decrease backspin and never lose yards with a balloon ball. Out there in S or X flex solely.
You too can select to improve shafts for $200 and select between:
- Tour AD DI: Relying on flex, this can be a mid-low launch shaft that’s a lot heavier than most inventory shafts. Extra weight must also maintain ball flight and spin charges in management.
- Tour AD IZ: The weights are about the identical because the DI however extra of a mid-launch shaft.
- Tour AD XC: That is the heaviest, stiffest shafts in case you go together with the mannequin 8. Ultimate for quick swing speeds and stronger gamers.
- Smaller head profile to attenuate spin and create decrease launch.
- Adjustable hosel and SureFit CG expertise for max adjustability.
- Nothing above 18 levels.
In any other case, not a lot damaging to say about these steel woods. Expert gamers can advantageous tune the membership and get seven shafts to make them the right fairway woods.
You’ll be able to learn a full palms on assessment of the Tsi Fairway Woods right here.
>> Go right here to order your Tsi 3 fairway woods todays.
TaylorMade Stealth Plus Fairways
For extra superior golfers, go for the TaylorMade Stealth Plus fairway woods. These golf equipment are revolutionary as they’re constituted of the identical materials as the brand new driver – carbon.
It is a big change from the TaylorMade SIM and SIM2 drivers/fairway woods that used titanium. Not solely when it comes to expertise however seems to be as nicely.
Ditching the white, black, and blue design, these woods are all black with a purple membership face. I believe they give the impression of being higher and appear to carry out even higher as nicely. Plus, it has a 12% bigger face than the SIM2 however maintains a playability profile.
The Stealth Plus has:
- 80 gram V-steel sole to enhance turf interplay
- Superior laser alignment to enhance goal with each shot
- Via-slot velocity pocket to extend distance on off heart hits
The Stealth Plus has solely three loft choices: 13.5, 15, and 19 levels. I used to be stunned by this determination as most rivals supply at the very least 4, together with a 16.5 loft.
One shock transfer from TaylorMade is barely having one inventory shaft possibility. The Mission X HZRDUS Smoke Crimson RDX is a good shaft however gained’t match each sort of participant, particularly expert golfers. In the meantime, one in all their high rivals, Callaway, has a number of inventory choices.
The HZRDUS shaft is accessible in R, S, or X flex in 65 or 75 gram weight choices. It is a mid-launch, mid-spinning shaft.
- Mid-launch and low spinning is a perfect profile for sooner swing speeds.
- The smaller, 175cc head is ideal for expert gamers who prefer to form photographs for max playability.
- No adjustable hosel – a pattern that’s disappearing with fairway woods generally.
- Just one inventory shaft. They want a low launch, low spin that doesn’t value an improve payment.
- Solely three loft choices – I’m stunned they don’t have a 16.5 and/or a 21 diploma possibility as a substitute for hybrids.
That is probably the membership that almost all scratch golfers and PGA Tour gamers will use for his or her 3-wood. The smaller form makes it simple to form the golf ball and permits for max playability.
>> Order your Stealth Plus fairway right here or right here.
Callaway Rogue ST LS Fairway Woods
For those who’re a decrease handicap golfer with a extra constant and better swing velocity, the Callaway Rogue ST LS is a good possibility. These fairway woods are very completely different from the unique Callaway Rogue ST Max (or Max-D) in a number of methods.
First, the clubhead is considerably smaller than the Max fairway woods. For those who’re a mid to excessive handicapper, this would possibly look too intimidating because it’s a fraction of the dimensions.
Second, the Rogue ST LS fairway woods have a impartial ball flight bias, not a semi-draw or draw bias like the opposite two fashions. It is a compact formed head that has an extra screw to advertise ahead and low heart of gravity. Which is good for constant ball strikers who need most shot shaping and flight management on their fairway woods.
Whereas they’re completely different from the Max collection, they nonetheless have the identical expertise on the core. Together with,
- Flash face cup expertise for spin consistency throughout the face
- Up to date AI designed Jailbreak system for max stability even at excessive ball speeds.
- 28 grams of high-density tungsten that’s pushed low and ahead to cut back spin with extra velocity.
You’ll be able to select from two shafts with a number of weight choices:
- Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue – The primary inventory shaft possibility is the Mitsubishi Tensei AV blue – a mid-torque, and mid kickpoint shaft. This shaft may have extra spin than the white model and supreme in case you don’t have fairly as quick of a golf swing. Select from 65 or 75 grams in common or stiff flex.
- Mitsubishi Tensei AV White – This graphite shaft is the decrease spinning, decrease launching of the 2 inventory graphite shafts. Relying on the burden you resolve (75 or 85 grams), it has a mid to excessive kickpoint. This membership is geared towards extra superior gamers and is barely provided in stiff or X-stiff flex. Beware, 85 grams is sort of heavy for a fairway wooden so be sure to have loads of velocity in your swing.
- Ultimate for expert gamers.
- Robust 3 and excessive loft choices accessible.
- Impartial flight bias to permit shot making.
- Low heart of gravity and compact head decrease spin.
- No 7W choices.
- No adjustable hosel.
- Solely Tensei shafts (however there are a number of weight and flex choices accessible).
These woods can be found in 3+, 3W, 3 HL (excessive loft), and 5W.
>> You’ll be able to order the Rogue ST LS fairway woods right here or right here.
Cobra LTDx Fairway Wooden
Cobra launched some superior new drivers and fairway woods in 2022. The LTDx collection even made the Golf Digest Gold Host Checklist so you recognize they’re high quality. They’ve three fashions to assist discover the perfect match for any sort of golfer.
The LTDx is geared in the direction of mid-handicappers and combines forgiveness with shot making. The LTDx LS is extra superior and supreme for guys with sooner, extra constant swings. Whereas the LTDx Max is best fitted to mid to excessive handicap golfers who need additional forgiveness and slice discount.
Listed here are a number of the options on the core of this nice fairway wooden:
- PWR-COR expertise retains the burden low and ahead for extra velocity.
- Light-weight carbon crown to assist produce extra stability and higher accuracy.
- The load within the again produces a medium launch angle with a impartial to semi-draw bias. You too can regulate the driving force to DRAW and rise up to seven extra yards of draw with out altering your swing.
Plus, one cool characteristic about these fairway woods is the progressive baffler rails. Principally, the membership design modifications for the kind of wooden so the 3W creates a extra shallow swing whereas the 7W and 5W permit a steeper swing. This characteristic will assist with turf interplay and make it simpler than ever to hit any of those golf equipment off the deck.
You additionally get to select from two inventory shaft choices which might be usually aftermarket shafts:
- UST Helium Nanocore – That is the lighter possibility and helps max out distance however nonetheless has loads of management. Provided in 45 or 55 grams weight choices, this can be a low kickpoint – which means excessive launch. Out there in lite or common flex solely.
- Mission X HZRDUS Smoke iM10 – That is the heavier possibility of the 2 inventory shafts and likewise the one with decrease launch. However it’s nonetheless a mid-spin shaft that’s provided in R or S flex.
- Promotes a better ball flight.
- Two coloration choices – black/yellow or navy blue/purple.
- Tons of adjustability with the hosel settings and may also help cut back a slice.
- Arccos recreation enchancment put in within the grips to study extra about your recreation.
- None – these woods are nice for the on a regular basis golfer, have an ideal design, a number of inventory shafts, and tons of adjustability.
General, this can be a stable trying fairway wooden that isn’t too large and nonetheless permits for loads of shot making. However it’s nonetheless forgiving sufficient for the on a regular basis participant with most carry and forgiveness. With all of the adjustability options, the lofts can go as little as 13.5 all the best way as much as 24 levels.
>> You’ll be able to decide up your Cobra LTDx fairway woods right here or right here.
Elective: Cobra LTDx LS
For those who want much less spin and have a extra constant swing, go for the LS (low spin) mannequin. That is extra of a participant’s membership and can assist with shot making and trajectory management.
This membership additionally has extra of a fade bias and tons of adjustability to get it exactly the way you need. Plus, they provide stiffer inventory shaft choices and
In case your ball putting is constant and also you want a brand new membership to assault par 5s, these woods are for you.
Titleist TSi2 Metallic Woods
The Titleist TSi fairway woods are a number of the finest trying ones available on the market. With three fashions, there’s one for each sort of golfer (not like TaylorMade, who solely has two choices). This in itself is a good improve as most golfers don’t match into solely two classes. Whereas they don’t have 4 choices (like their TSi driver collection), the three fairway woods are all nice decisions.
The TSi2 is the center design, because the TSi1 is probably the most forgiving, whereas the TSi3 is the least forgiving. General, these woods are clear with an ideal design that’s simple on the attention and stuffed with helpful expertise, together with:
- Optimized launch for decrease spin and extra stability at impression.
- Lively Recoil 4.0 to provide a better, sooner launch angle and get the ball up shortly. You gained’t have any points hitting these off the green.
- Adjustable hosel. In contrast to lots of rivals, you possibly can nonetheless regulate the hosel with these fairway woods. This helps discover the last word match for every golfer and have your woods make sure photographs slightly bit simpler.
The largest improve from the TSi1 is the quantity of shafts you possibly can select from. They solely supply one with the earlier mannequin however an array of inventory and customized shafts as nicely.
For those who don’t wish to pay an improve payment, no worries, their inventory shaft choices are nice decisions. With the Titleist TSi2 steel wooden, select from:
- Kuro Kage Black DC: The lightest inventory shaft within the TSi2 is the Kuro Kage Black. It is a mid-high launch and supreme for mid-higher handicap golfers. In order for you some additional assist with a better launch, this shaft will assist. The load ranges from 47-58 grams relying on mannequin and flex.
- Tensei AV Blue Uncooked: This shaft is nice for the on a regular basis participant with a mid-launch and light-weight design. However it’s not too light-weight to the place you would possibly fear about accuracy and management. At 55-68 grams (relying on flex and mannequin), it’s a stable, sturdy shaft.
- HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX: The third possibility is the HZRDUS Smoke black which is an outstanding alternative for golfers with quick swing speeds. I’ve performed this one for fairly a while (I common about 110mph with a driver) and love this shaft. It helps maintain my spin charges down and optimize ball flight with a low-mid launch. Out there in 60 or 70 grams with R, S, or X flex.
- Tensei AV White: The ultimate possibility is the bottom spinning, the bottom launching inventory shaft accessible. You’ll be able to go for a lighter possibility (round 65 grams) or a heavier shaft (round 75 grams). These are perfect for gamers who wish to cut back spin as a lot as attainable. Solely accessible in S or X flex.
Plus, there are three premium shafts as nicely however do value additional. For many golfers, one in all these inventory shafts will work nice and pair with the membership completely.
- Adjustable hosel.
- Tons of inventory shaft choices.
- Robust 3 wooden and HL (excessive loft – 16.5) choices accessible.
- Not a lot unhealthy to say right here, this can be a nice all-around possibility for mid to low handicap golfers.
For those who play the Titleist TSi2 driver, you want this fairway wooden because it’ll be a seamless transition. If you want to go away the large stick within the bag, this can be a nice possibility. You too can select between 5 loft choices starting from 13.5 to 21.0
>> Decide up a Tsi 2 Fairway Wooden right here.
Ping G425 Max Fairway Woods
In order for you a forgiving however not overly giant clubhead in a fairway wooden, I believe you’ll love the G425 Max. Whereas it’s the most forgiving of the Ping lineup, it’s nonetheless a smooth fairway wooden which you can hit off the tee or off the deck with ease. Just like the G425 Max driver, this membership has the best MOI for additional forgiveness because of the burden positioning within the membership.
This Ping fairway wooden additionally has “Spinsistency” which is a novel characteristic to the corporate. This characteristic provides extra spin even in case you hit it low on the face, to assist with extra velocity and distance. It additionally has a skinny, metal wrap throughout the face for much more velocity and better launch.
One other big perk about this membership is how simple it’s to goal and arrange squares to your goal. Due to the brand new 3-dot alignment system that’s strategically positioned on the crown, it’s simple to line the clubhead as much as your goal.
This membership can be an adjustable fairway wooden because of the trajectory tuning 2.0. It is a large perk as different producers like Callaway have eradicated fairway wooden adjustability, which may also help lots of golfers. However Ping stored this characteristic and means that you can change the loft and mislead one in all 9 settings.
Just like the matching driver, you possibly can select from one in all three inventory shafts. For those who play the driving force, I’d counsel shopping for the matching shaft (often it’s 10 grams heavier) however the launch profile will stay the identical.
For those who don’t play the G425 Max driver, right here is an outline of every to seek out the best one in your distinctive swing.
- Inventory shaft possibility: Ping Alta CB slate. This counterbalance shaft is light-weight and made to launch it larger. Ultimate for mid to excessive handicap golfers who need extra launch off the green.
- Aftermarket shaft choices: If you wish to improve there are two choices as nicely that match the identical driver. Plus, different Ping Tour shafts that you will discover in case you get customized match.
- Straightforward to hit from any lie.
- Nice trying, compact design regardless of an emphasis on forgiveness.
- Massive number of heads together with 3W, 5W, 7W, and even a 9W possibility.
- Just one inventory shaft. The 2 aftermarket shafts aren’t additional with the drivers however for some motive are with the green woods. This makes it costlier if you wish to match your G425 Max driver with the identical shaft in your fairway woods.
That is probably the most forgiving fairway wooden from Ping and an ideal alternative in case you already play the Ping G425 Max driver. That is such a simple to hit membership it virtually made it onto our checklist of finest fairway woods for freshmen.
>> Go right here to place a G425 Max FW wooden in your bag at this time!
Mizuno ST-X 220 Fairway Woods
In relation to Mizuno, I additionally take into consideration most customization. Their newest driver has extra fine-tuning choices than another membership available on the market and their woods are stable too.
The brand new Mizuno STX 220 is nice for the on a regular basis golfer because of its draw bias and excessive launch traits. Plus, it’s actually lengthy and an ideal membership to have within the bag when your driver is being cussed on some rounds.
Listed here are another causes we love these golf equipment:
- Wave sole expertise creates excessive ball speeds and helps out mishits.
- Whereas the three wooden has an even bigger design, the 5 and seven woods are way more compact. They’re very simple to hit from the green and light-weight tough too.
- Stunning sound because of Mizuno’s Harmonic Influence Analysis which recognized the right sound to go together with a tremendous really feel.
These new Mizuno woods can be found in three lofts – 15, 18, and 21 levels. Since they’re not as geared towards low handicap gamers, they don’t have a powerful 3 wooden, which is often 13.5 levels.
Lastly, Mizuno isn’t like most retailers and has inventory shafts. As an alternative, every part must get ordered straight from them the place you possibly can select a customized shaft and grip.
- Draw bias with excessive launch options.
- Nice look, smooth, all black design retains up with Mizuno’s excessive requirements. You’ll love this fairway wooden at any angle.
- Proper hand solely – sorry left-handers.
- No adjustable hosel or sliding weight options.
- Must order straight from Mizuno which tends to make delivery an extended course of.
>> You’ll be able to order a Mizuno STX 220 FW wooden right here.
And the Survey Says….
If you’re a mid handicap or higher participant, there has by no means been a greater number of fairway woods to selected from. There’s little or no that separates the golf equipment on this checklist. However in our opinion, the TaylorMade Stealth is the perfect throughout fairway wooden for mid handicappers with the Tsi 3 excellent behind.
They each supply the efficiency and flexibility that higher gamers search, delivers a traditional but highly effective membership resting simply on the bottom and capable of simply launch the ball with ample spin and peak from these uneven and scruffy lies all of us should play from occasionally.
For those who like to customise the setting in your golf equipment, the Mizuno STX 220 is probably the most adjustable membership on the checklist. Mizuno provides you loads of decisions to dial in simply the best ball flight.
Nonetheless, in case you simply merely desire a tremendous simple to hit fairway wooden that doesn’t appear like it’s made for freshmen, strive the Ping G425 Max.
For those who don’t discover the best fairway wooden on this lineup, try our assessment of the perfect fairway woods for freshmen. Though you most likely will discover a number of the data fairly primary for you, it is likely to be price contemplating. Hitting cuts ands attracts may be lots of enjoyable with a superb 3 wooden, however typically having a 3 wooden that solely provides excessive launch, distance & forgiveness may not be a foul factor both.