Did you know that walking is more efficient than riding in a cart when playing golf? Nearly twice the calories?
That’s a significant difference, especially in a day and time when many folks struggle to maintain a healthy weight. Any additional cardiovascular exercise is almost always a positive thing.
All that being said, it is hard to walk an entire 18-hole round of golf. There are many options for golf shoes that provide comfort and protection. Whether you’ve been walking courses for years or are just starting to move away from using a cart, the right golf shoe can make all the difference in the world.
Heres a list that breaks down the pros and con of some of the best-rated golf shoes available. Our goal is to help you make the best decision when it’s time to buy a new pair of golf shoes for the course.
These 9 options are great for those who prefer to take a walk on the course, rather than riding in a golf car.
1. Skechers Men’s Pivot Spikeless Golf Shoe (Most Comfort)
- Comfortable walking distances of 18 holes are possible with high levels of comfort
- Made with an Ultra Go Foam that doesn’t require a break-in period
- It’s a mid-top golf shoe that provides a decent level of ankle protection
- The mesh upper is made from synthetic materials that can withstand wet conditions.
- These shoes are legal for any course.
- It is specifically designed to repel water and keep you lightweight at all times
- Designed with GOGA MAX technology, for the perfect amount of cushion
- The sides of the shoe are perforated to increase ventilation and reduce sweating
- Skechers golf shoes make it easy to turn your pivot foot during a golf swing with these shoes
- Some golfers have complained that these golf shoes run a little bit small, so you might want to consider ordering a half-size larger than you’re used to wearing
- Others have complained that they feel the heel of the shoe is too loose on their feet.
- This isn’t a waterproof golf shoe. It’s only water resistant
- Some people have questioned the durability and reliability of this golf shoe.
I’ve worn dozens of different shoes, and the Skechers Men’s PivotsThese shoes are my favorite golf shoes. I usually walk the course during my rounds, and these shoes don’t weigh my feet down at all.
Pivots have no break in period, which is my favorite feature. They conform to your feet so that you won’t have to worry about any painful, annoying blisters. These shoes are a favorite of Matt Kuchar, PGA Tour Golfer.
2. Footjoy Traditions Golf Shoe (Best waterproof golf shoes)
- A classic-looking golf shoe that’s available in 6 different color patterns
- They are made from fashionable leather and are perfect for the country club as well as the golf course.
- These golf shoes come with a 1-year waterproof guarantee from Footjoy
- Extra cushioning is added to the insole to increase comfort and support the heel.
- Most golfers find a fully rounded toe to be very appealing
- Soft spikes at the bottom provide traction and grip on any surface.
- Spikes can be easily changed if necessary
- Footjoy is one the most respected brands within the golf shoe industry
- Some people have had blisters on their heels.
- Some golfers have experienced sizing issues that required them to return their clubs.
- The soft spikes aren’t durable enough for some golfers who play pretty often
If you play golf in tropical climates, your shoes must be waterproof. The Footjoy TraditionsThese are the best golf shoes for rainy conditions. These shoes will keep your feet dry and comfortable even in heavy downpours.
If you buy the Footjoy Traditions, it’s best to play it safe and try to break them in before playing a full round of golf. Although the shoes are extremely comfortable, it can take a while for leather stiffness to subside. I wore the last pair I bought around the house before I went to play golf in them.
3. Nike Lunar Control Vapor 2 Golf Shoes (Most Breathable)
- Available in 10 different styles and color schemes, which means there’s truly something for every golfer
- Even though there arent spikes, they provide plenty of traction for the pivoting part of the golf swing.
- Rubber soles repel water at high rates, which is great if rain is forecast.
- Designed by Nike’s high-level engineers to provide grip, support, and lots of stability
- It has a fantastic midsole that provides golfers just a little more cushioning
- Flywire technology promotes a perfect fit
- Tapered toe design makes feet feel more secure
- The material is made to flex so that you don’t have to break the shoes in
- Nike golf shoes may sometimes be a bit too small or too narrow.
- Some golfers have complained that the toe box isn’t large enough for them
- Some reviewers have said that the comfort level doesn’t last long
Do you enjoy playing golf in hot summer months like June and July? If so, you need a golf shoe that’s both lightweight and breathable. This option comes from NikeBoth of these features will ensure that your feet stay as dry as possible even on extremely hot days.
Nike knows how comfortable shoes should be, and their golf shoes prove it. These shoes are fashionable and more like cross-trainer sneakers rather than golf shoes. These are comfortable to wear straight out of the box and dont require any break-in.
4. Adidas Response Bounce (Best Women’s Golf Shoe)
- Extra grooves provide additional comfort and cushioning
- Six replaceable spikes are included to provide additional grip and stability during your golf swing
- This is a great option for golfers who prefer low-top shoes
- Except for the rubber soles, most of the shoe is 100% leather.
- These shoes offer extra room for golfers.
- The insole offers additional cushioning to provide protection for your feet
- It’s a water-resistant golf shoe that can handle the elements quite well
- Some reviewers found it not the best choice for hot weather.
- These aren’t waterproof, so keep that in mind if lots of rain is in the forecast
- To avoid foot pain and blisters, you will need to allow your feet to adjust.
adidas is no stranger to the footwear game, so it shouldn’t be a shock that they made our list with the best women’s golf shoe in the industry. The interchangeable spikes ensure that golfers have enough grip and traction no matter what surface they are playing on. These shoes are also extremely durable.
The adidas Response BounceThey are extremely comfortable for most people. However, you’ll need to set aside a few days to properly break them in before wearing them for an entire round of golf. There simply isn’t enough flex in these shoes to wear them right out of the box for long periods.
5. PUMA Men’s Ignite Fasten8 Golf Shoe (Best Value)
- Customers can enjoy 39% savings on most sizes
- The upper portion is made of mesh for maximum ventilation and breathability.
- Engineered with precisely-placed lugs to give golfers greater traction on their backswings
- Nylon straps are included so that golfers can wrap their feet in them for extra protection
- These golf shoes come with a 1-year waterproof warranty from PUMA
- Available in 7 different colors that are stylish and sleek.
- There is no break-in period, which is a nice benefit.
- It features a thin TPU liner that is placed in the right areas to increase stability
- The mesh part is difficult to clean, especially if you play on a lot of dirt.
- Some golfers may find the regular fit too narrow.
- They arent as durable as people would like them too
- For people suffering from recurring foot pain, there is not enough arch support
Need a golf shoe that’s great for walking the course, but won’t cost you an arm and a leg? Check out the Ignite Fasten8PUMA. These shoes are lightweight, durable, and comfortable. PUMA has been endorsed by Rickie Fowler, PGA Tour star.
The PUMA Fasten8 comes with a special midsole cushion for extra comfort and cushioning. This means that you can wear these shoes immediately without worrying about foot pain and annoying blisters.
6. Skechers Max Rover Relaxed fit (Best Mid-Top Golf Shoe).
- Ultra Flight midsole makes these shoes one of the most comfortable in the golf industry
- This is the ideal choice for golfers who have foot or ankle problems.
- The rubber outsole strikes the right balance between durability and comfort.
- One of the best mid-top, lightest golf shoes on the planet
- These were designed by Skechers to fit a bit snugly in your heel but allow for more room in your toes.
- Repels water at a decent rate, even though it’s not a waterproof golf shoe
- These shoes are made with GOGA MAX technology, which provides extra padding.
- Provides great grip for the golf swing, especially if you dont have spikes.
- It comes with laces, but can also be worn as slip-on shoes once the laces have been tightened.
- They’re not ideal during heavy rain since they aren’t 100% waterproof
- Many reviewers have stated that these golf shoes are quite large.
- Insole is hard to remove if you want to replace it with one that’s thicker
Are you a golfer that’s suffered from ankle problems but still prefers to walk your rounds instead of riding? A mid-top shoe with a comfortable liner is the best choice. The Skechers Max RoverRelaxed fit may be your best option because it checks all boxes.
Although these shoes may be more relaxed than traditional golf shoes, many people still need to break them in. The material is durable enough to protect your feet but flexible enough for you to be comfortable for 18 holes.
7. Callaway Coronado V2 Golf Shoe (Most Durable)
- One of the best-rated waterproof shoes for golf
- This product comes with a 2-year waterproof guarantee, which is almost unhearded these days.
- It is made from the perfect combination of high-performance microfiber leather and high-performance mesh
- The unique heel stabilizer provides additional support during the pivot portion.
- The special foam in the midsole will keep you comfortable throughout your entire walk.
- Though these golf shoes are spikeless, traction isn’t a problem at all
- Most people recommend ordering half sizes larger than the recommended size.
- Only available in 4 colors
- They can feel a bit slick on flat surfaces, so be careful on the cart paths or just avoid them altogether if you’re walking instead of riding
Callaway makes great golf equipment such as drivers, irons, golf balls, and more. Most golfers are well aware of this fact. However, don’t sleep on Callaway’s line of golf shoes! The Coronado V2It is waterproof and durable, even for people who play multiple rounds of golf per day.
The Callaway Coronados look and feel like regular tennis shoes. This means most people won’t need to break them in before playing a full round of golf. That’s a bonus for what’s already a very good golf shoe.
8. New Balance Breeze Golf Shoe (Best For Summer)
- High-quality water guard is used to repel moisture.
- Made from durable synthetic materials and a super comfortable rubber sole
- The insole features extra cushioning to ensure a perfect fit
- One of the most popular low-top golf shoes
- The mesh upper section is designed to reduce heat and sweat.
- These are the best choice for walking rather than riding in a cart.
- New Balances foam is 30% more dense than other golf shoes, which provides extra protection for the feet.
- Some golfers believe the sizes are too small.
- The toe box isn’t as wide as some other shoes that New Balance offers
- Only available in 4 colors
Do you play a lot of golf in summer? If so, your feet might be getting hot and sweaty as you walk your 18 holes. Consider ordering a pair of sneakers before next summer arrives. New Balance Breeze golf shoes.
You want to know more about the New Balance Breeze Golf Shoes? They provide such a high level of comfort that you won’t even need to spend any time breaking them in. They provide excellent support, even for people with severe foot conditions like plantar fasciitis.
9. Under Armour Tour Shoes Golf Shoe (Best Low Top)
- This insole is lightweight and provides extra support and comfort for golfers.
- Ethylene Vinyl Acet (EVA) is a highly durable material that is used for soles.
- Under Armour offers a 2-year warranty on all shoes purchased by buyers.
- It strikes a good balance between maximum breathability and moisture protection
- This shoe is a great choice for golfers who prefer low-top footwear
- Sporty and fashionable, it looks great on the fairway and off it.
- It doesn’t have traditional spikes, but the bottom still provides a high level of grip and traction
- The price is a little high.
- A small percentage of people have had problems with the bottom soles.
- Some people wish their feet could be a little looser
Under Armour has grown to be a major player within the sports equipment industry. The company has also made significant improvements to its golf apparel. The Tour Tips are an excellent choice for golfers who need lightweight, waterproof golf shoes.
You won’t have to worry about breaking in these golf shoes. They’re built just like cross-training sneakers, meaning they should bend and flex just enough to conform to the shape of your feet. There’s a whole lot to like about this golf shoe!