Tiger Woods atop PGA Tours Player Impact Program yet again

Table of Contents

Despite playing only nine rounds at three major championships this season, Tiger WoodsESPN obtained documents on Tuesday to show that the top bonus in PGA Tours Player Impact Program was claimed by Hassan again.

No.1 golfer in the World 1 golfer Rory McIlroyLet the cat out of the bag Nov. 8, He told the storyAccording to the Associated Press, he placed second to Woods in the $100 Million Bonus Program. This program is designed to reward members who shown to generate positive interest in PGA Tour. Woods, who is a 15-time major champion received a $15million bonus.

Woods will be playing in the Hero World Challenge in Bahamas next week. In 2021, Woods won $8 million for the inaugural PIP Bonus. Woods has not played since Julys 150th Open Championship at St. Andrews. He is still recovering after the injuries he sustained in a car accident in Los Angeles in Feb 2021.

Record 23 players received PIP bonuses of at least $2,000,000 this season, including three ().Hideki Yamayama, Cameron Young Sam Burns) who finished in the top 20 of a modified criteria measurement, which will be used by the tour going forward.

McIlroy took second place with $12 million, followed by Jordan Spieth($9 Million), PGA Championship winner Justin Thomas($7.5 Million) Jon Rahm ($6 million). Masters champion Scottie SchefflerPlaced sixth, was awarded $5.5million, and was followed by Xander Schauffele ($5 million), U.S. Open champion Matt Fitzpatrick ($5 million), Will Zalatoris($5 million) Tony Finau ($5 million).

According to a memo sent Tuesday to PGA Tour members, players will receive 25% of their PIP Bonus in the Sentry Tournament of Champions purse payments in January. The remaining 75% of the PIP bonus will be paid to players who fulfill three requirements: they must play in a mutually agreed upon tournament; take part in a PIP service event; or meet the mandatory participation requirement.

The original PIP plan used metrics such a player’s popularity in Google search, Q rating and Nielsen brand exposure rating. It also included their MVP index rating and Meltwater mentions. These metrics are measures of how frequently a player generates media coverage across multiple media platforms. The new criteria placed more emphasis on media mentions, broadcast TV exposure, and social media.

Five players finished in the top 10 in the inaugural PIP standings Phil Mickelson, Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka, Bryson deChambeau Bubba Watson— are currently playing on LIV Golf circuit and are ineligible for this program.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Connect, Share, and Grow with Fellow Golfers

Take Your Game to the Next Level © All Rights Reserved 2023